Science Image Library: Microbiology Photos
Science Image Library
2. Bacillus subtilis colonies.
3. Micrococcus luteus bacterial colonies on TSY streak plate.
5. Enterococcus bacterial colonies growing in slant tube.
1.Blood agar with beta-hemolysis on left and alpha-hemolysis on right.
2. Test tube of liquid media showing flocculated bacterial growth.
3. Mannitol Salt Agar with plated nasal sample, normal flora on left and mannitol fermenter on right.
4. Slant tubes growing various bacteria.
5. Sterile TSY agar in bottle.
1. Loaded dishwasher with dirty dishes.
2. Using cotton swab to obtain a sample from interior of dishwasher.
3. Girl obtaining bacterial sample from dishwasher.
4 & 5. TSY plate with bacterial sample from dirty dishwasher on top half, and no bacterial growth from clean dishwasher sample on bottom half.
1. Animal cells: Human cheek epithelial cells stained with methylene blue and magnified 400xTM.
2. Elodea plant cells showing cell walls and chloroplasts (green).
3 & 4. Plant cells: Onion epidermal cells magnified 100xTM & 400xTM.
5. Stained mixed protozoans.
1. Lab set-up for chemical control of bacteria comparing effectiveness of Lysol to bleach.
2. Effectiveness of UV radiation in controlling bacteria. UV exposed plate on left, with only one colony, plate protected from UV rays on right covered with bacteria.
3 & 4. Zones of inhibition from antibiotic disks on on bacteria-covered TSY plates.
1 & 2. Mouthwash experiment comparing Listerine and Crest mouthwash.
3. Test tubes of Listerine, Crest mouthwash and control with water.
4. Oral sample being plated on TSY agar.
1.Safranin counterstain of Gram stain.
2. Gram-stained Staphylococcus 1000xTM.
Mouthwash Experiment (Click on image to enlarge.)
Microbial Control (Click on image to enlarge.)
Dishwasher Experiment (Click on image to enlarge.)
Bacterial Colonies & Streak Plates
API-20E Strips For Identifying Gram- Bacteria
VIDEO: How to Do a Gram Stain
VIDEO: MacConkey's Agar (MAC) Specialized
Bacterial Growth Medium
The Microbiology Image Library is the largest photo collection on the SPO site. To help you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp more easily find what you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp're looking for, select the "See more" link of the sub-topic below that corresponds to you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr interests or use the search boxes. The SPO Science Image Library is a continuously growing collection of copyright-free science photographs. If you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp use one of our free, low-res images, we just ask that you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp give us credit and provide a link to the SPO website (). Click on photo to enlarge. To save a photo to you中国福利彩票下载安装αppr computer, right click on it and select "Save".
More Useful Microbiology Resources
- , American Society of Microbiology
Photographic guides to differential stains
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory microbiology course. The Virtual Microbiology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
Didn't find what you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp need?
Search SPO for a Photo
to get updates on new SPO features and products. If you中国福利彩票下载安装αpp need a high resolution photo now, please contact中国福利彩票下载安装αpp.