Chemical Bonds & Reactions
Virtual Cell Biology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Chemical Bonds & Reactions Lecture Materials
These are the Chemical Bonds & Reactions Lecture materials of the Virtual Cell Biology Classroom. The resources below are used to supplement an actual college cell biology course.
animated science tutorial.
- video lecture by Kahnacademy.
The Chemical Bonds, Reactions & Notation Lecture materials include:
- list of learning objectives
- 中国福利彩票下载安装αppwork assignment
- practice test & review questions
- links to related educational resources
Need Help with Chemistry?
SPO offers free PowerPoint lectures, sample test
questions, review questions and assignments on many different science topics.
Below are links to those that relate to chemistry:
- - song by Queens of the Stone Age
- - music video by They Might Be Giants
- The Element Song - Tom Lehrer
> sung by
> sung by (Harry Potter)
- - song by Pointer Sisters
- - song by Mark Rosengarten
- Understand how atoms, molecules and compounds are represented using chemical symbols & formulas.
- What is the difference between a molecule and a compound? (Remember, all compounds are molecules but all molecules aren't compounds. Explain.)
- What is the difference between a mixture and a compound?
- What is an ionic bond? An ionic compound?
- What is a covalent bond?
- What makes a covalent bond polar? Nonpolar?
- What is an oxidation reduction reaction? What happens when a substance is oxidized? What happens when a substance is reduced?
- What are the three basic reaction types?
- Of the three basic reaction types, dehydration is what type of chemical reaction?
Page last updated: 5/2016