Virtual Cell Biology Classroom of Science Prof Online
Inorganic Chemistry Basics Lecture Materials
These are the Inorganic Chemistry Lecture materials of the Virtual Cell Biology Classroom. The resources below are used to supplement an actual college cell biology course.
- Understand how atoms, molecules and compounds are represented using chemical symbols & formulas.
- Describe the subatomic parts of an atom.
- What are valence electrons and why are they important?
- Understand the three different types of bonds that we discussed: ionic, covalent and hydrogen.
- Understand the different types of basic reaction types: synthesis (such as dehydration reaction), decomposition (such as hydrolysis reaction), and exchange.
- What is a redox reaction? What does it mean for something to be oxidized? Reduced?
- What is an ion and how does it relate to acids, bases and salts?
- Compare and contrast acids bases and salts.
- Know enough about the pH scale to understand which numbers represent acidic, neutral and basic substances.
Versions of Inorganic Chemistry PPT:
Printing: The best way for students to print out the PowerPoint Show is to download the PDF version. Select Print, and, when the Print screen comes up, go to the Print Handling options. Under Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet", Under Pages per sheet, select "2". That uses up less paper, placing two slides on each page.
The Inorganic Chemistry Lecture materials include:
- list of learning objectives
- a 中国福利彩票下载安装αppwork assignment
- practice review & test questions
- - song by Queens of the Stone Age
- - music video by They Might Be Giants
- The Element Song - Tom Lehrer
> sung by
> sung by (Harry Potter)
- - song by Pointer Sisters
- - song by Mark Rosengarten
to find out!
- animated science tutorial.
- video lecture by Kahnacademy.