from Science Prof Online
Biological Classification Lecture Materials
are the Biological Classification Lecture materials of the free science education website Science Prof Online. The resources below are used to supplement an actual college microbiology course.
You have free access to a large collection of materials used in a college-level introductory microbiology course. The Virtual Microbiology Classroom provides a wide range of free educational resources including PowerPoint Lectures, Study Guides, Review Questions and Practice Test Questions.
- What kind of evidence do scientists use to categorize and classify living things?
- Know the three domains and the forms of life each represents.
- Binomial nomenclature: Genus species; Know how to properly write the generic and specific name of a species.
- What is a dichotomous key? How many choices are at each decision point?
Versions of Biological Classification PPT:
Printing: The best way for students to print out the PowerPoint Show is to download the PDF version. Select Print, and, when the Print screen comes up, go to the Print Handling options. Under Page Scaling, select "Multiple pages per sheet", Under Pages per sheet, select "2". That uses up less paper, placing two slides on each page.
The Biological Classification Lecture materials include:
- practice test & review questions
- links to additional educational materials
Page last updated: 2/2016
animated science tutorial.
- “” hilarious music video from 1989.
- , a webpage audio files of the pronunciation of the bacterial scientific names, created by Neal R. Chamberlain, Ph.D.